Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Extension Arm

---Today's Lego---

Name: Extension Arm

Size: 2 wide, 1 tall, 19 to 32 long

Color(s): Red & black


This is an interesting piece. It can be used as a crane arm, thanks to a little slot for string at the extension end. It can also be used as a claw arm, thanks to studs at the same end for adding the claw. I actually have two of these unique pieces, one from a tow truck and the other from an old space set. Interestingly enough, I don't think I've used them in any models since the ones they came as part of.


Here's the arm in full extension. As you can see, it was too big for my little photography stage. That blue/green patch in the upper right corner is part of my curtains, if you were wondering.


Here's the underside of the arm, with a partial extension. You can see how the black part fits into the red part. While, in both the models I got with these pieces, the black part extended while the red part remained stationary, it's possible to do it the other way around, too. Not sure why anyone would, but it's possible.

No comments: